Scenic-Ultimate All Inclusive River Cruise Touring for 2013
Amsterdam to Basel, Oct. 2, 2013
Depart from your home gateway day prior to River Cruise start date.
- Day 1 Amsterdam (D) Welcome to Amsterdam, a fascinating and compact city of picturesque canals. A Scenic Tours representative will personally greet you and arrange your transfer* to your luxury Scenic ‘Space-Ship’ where you will be warmly invited on-board by your dedicated crew. Tonight enjoy a Welcome reception with your fellow travellers.
- Day 2 Amsterdam (FB,L,D) This morning choose from the following Included SCENIC FREE CHOICE: (1) A guided tour of Anne Frank House and city tour; or (2) A guided bike tour; or (3) A sightseeing canal cruise. This evening join your fellow passengers in the Crystal dining room for the Captain’s welcome dinner.
- Day 3 Middleburg – Bruges – Ghent (FB,L,D) Arriving in Middleburg start your day at the Delta Works, an engineering feat consisting of a complex series of dams, purposely built to protect the population on the Delta plain from treacherous floods. On your Included tour learn about the Delta project followed by a guided visit through the Storm Surge Barrier. This afternoon visit “The Venice of the North” Bruges. On your Included sightseeing tour, be amazed by this fascinating little city with its pretty canals and intimate cobbled stone streets. Re-embark your Scenic ‘Space-Ship’ in Ghent.
- Day 4 Antwerp (FB,L,D) Continue to cruise through Belgium to Antwerp, a compact seaport city buzzing with world class shopping in fashion houses and galleries. Your Included sightseeing takes you to heritage listed monuments, city hall and the Cathedral of Our Lady.
- Day 5 Maastricht (FB,L,D) This morning cruise to the Dutch city of Maastricht where you will enjoy a city tour of the old town. The city of Maastricht has a history dating back to the Roman times and is now a trendy university town and birthplace to the famous Dutch violinist and conductor André Rieu.
- Day 6 Koblenz (FB,L,D) Set on the confluence of the Rhine and Moselle river, enjoy a day to discover the 2000 year old town of Koblenz at your leisure.
- Day 7 Cochem (FB,L,D) A medieval gem resting on the banks of the Moselle river, Cochem will make you feel as if you are stepping directly off the ship and into a fairy tale. On your Included guided tour visit Reichsburg Castle, soaring above the township.
- Day 8 Bernkastel – Luxembourg (FB,L,D) This morning your ship docks in Bernkastel where you will coach to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Luxembourg is one of three capital cities to house administrative offices for the European Union. Join your guide on an Included walking tour highlighting Luxembourg’s well preserved old town. Tonight your ship overnights in Bernkastel.
- Day 9 Bernkastel and Trier (FB,L,D) Journey today to one of Germany’s oldest cities, Trier, where you will stroll through history to sites dating back to the Roman times, such as St. Peter’s Cathedral. After lunch on board your ship, join your local guide as you discover Bernkastel, with its famous medieval market square and reputation for great wine.
- Day 10 Rüdesheim (FB,L,D) Be sure to have your camera ready today, as you cruise through the spectacular Rhine Gorge, with its stunning vistas of castles perched above steep vine-covered slopes. Arrive in Rüdesheim and board the ‘Winzerexpress’ mini train for an Included guided visit of Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum before taking a cable car to the Niederwald Monument.
- Day 11 Heidelberg (FB,L,D) Choose from one of the following SCENIC FREE CHOICE activities: (1) A guided tour to the university town of Heidelberg; or (2) Visit a real German home for Kaffeeklatsch, an informal social gathering for “coffee and conversation” where you can gain a real insight in to how the locals live. Afterwards enjoy time to explore Mannheim.
- Day 12 Strasbourg (FB,L,D) A taste of France awaits you as we cruise to “the crossroads of Europe”, Strasbourg. SCENIC FREE CHOICE offers the following Included tours: (1) A walking tour of Strasbourg to explore the lovely canals and half-timbered houses, including La Petite France; or (2) An excursion to the French Alsace Wine Region, including a cellar tasting in the French countryside of Barr.
- Day 13 Black Forest (FB,L,D) A truly magical experience awaits you today as you journey to the majestic Black Forest for a full day excursion. SCENIC ENRICH Start the day with a baking demonstration of the world famous Black Forest cake, including a tasting and coffee at the open air museum of Vogtsbauernhof in the heart of the Black Forest. Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before a visit to the World’s largest Cuckoo clock and Germany’s highest waterfalls.
- Day 14 Basel (FB,L,D) This morning as you glide along the Rhine River to the Swiss town of Basel, relax on your private balcony or perhaps join your fellow passengers for a 360 degree view on the sun deck. On arrival in Basel, discover on your Included guided tour the striking Town Hall Rathaus and the Marktplatz, with its daily fresh food markets.
- Day 15 Basel (FB) After breakfast this morning it is time to farewell your fellow passengers and disembark the cruise. A Scenic Tours Representative will organise a scheduled transfer* to Basel or Zurich Airport for your onward or homebound flight. (Please schedule flights for after midday.)
This 2013 date is confirmed.
Tour itinerary for 2013 is subject to operational changes at anytime due to market changes as well as unforseen circumstances
20 June 2012
E & O E
Travelmart.ca & Scenic Tours
Europe River Cruise
You can take advantage of this unbelievable 15 Day Romantic Rhine and Moselle Cruise.
ALL INCLUSIVE Tour Inclusions
- Accommodations on a twin share basis
- 15 day/14 night deluxe cruise in hotel style beds
- Services of a professional Cruise Director throughout the cruise
- Nightly entertainment onboard
- Fully inclusive Touring - with several selections at each stop.
- Butler Service all decks. Various levels of service on each deck.
- Quality Wines, Beer , Spirits and soft drinks, complimentary
- Airport/Hotel/Port transfers in Europe when you take the airfare option from Scenic
- All gratuities on Scenic Tours River Cruise and land tours
- Alternate dining in the Portobello's restaurant with no surcharge, limited dates to use
Tour Price DOES NOT Include:
- Personal travel insurance** We require manadatory coverage.
You must have proof of additional coverage to travel on group.
- Insurance to cover: Out of Province Medical and Trip cancellation and interruption for value of your trip.
- A price grid for insurance is on page with listed prices .
- Off ship Meals , unless noted in tour.
- Drinks, other than the inclusions as noted for All inclusive program
- Items of a personal nature
- Flights taxes, airport fees , service fees and Transfers , unless you have selected to take the Air Option with Scenic Tours
- Passport and visa costs.
- Telephone calls, long distance, local
- All items of a personal nature. E. & O.E..
Terms and ConditionsScenic 2012-2013 Europe River Cruise Brochure. 103 page PDF 9.77MB click here
Call or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org